1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Unless I've just failed to find them, I don't understand the total lack of complaints online about IMDB's new streamlined format which only allows the user to view reviews ordered by "helpfulness". This appears to mean only reviews scoring films or series as 10/10.

As a longtime user, I want to see both positive and negative reviews - not whichever ones IMDB may like. Now I'm left with no way to judge whether my family and I might like to spend time and/or money on a film. Are there any other sites with a large number of viewers' reviews?

If so, I can't find them either, and I'm not interested in professional critics' opinions. I'm VERY frustrated that a WONDERFUL website has become absolutely worthless overnight!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Imdb Website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Offer previous choices in terms of viewing reviews.

Comments

#1519046

IMDB has been taken over by the crypto-News, replace that N with a you know what.A sad truth.Used to love to come to this site, search for a movie, go directly to user reviews, skip to ~page 10 or so and read some REAL reviews from REAL people.But the crypto-News don't want that. It prevents them from pushing the agenda... the agenda is embedded in garbage content so they want to trick us in watching that garbage content by hijacking IMDB.

Totally agree. I also liked looking through reviews by people who had posted many many reviews.

A few reviewers seemed to sync with my tastes.

While IMDB wasn't perfect, it was the only "go to" resource I regularly found useful.

Now I only go to IMDB for the summary and seldom look at any reviews. Such a waste.

Hopefully some enterprising person/organisation will fill the void. And soon.